2013 in a Nutshell

By Mommy Donna and Kib - April 28, 2014

It's been more than a year since I made an entry here at my blog.  I have lots of stories to tell, but maybe, I have to accept that writing is not really in my blood.  Thanks to my new-found online friends who are into blogging industry who encouraged me to update my blog. I will write a one big blog to tell you everything that has happened to us in 2013. 

Anyway, last year, it has been a wonderful year for my son and I.  I got a new job being an Events Director for Manila Workshops apart from my home-based job as an Online English Teacher for Rarejob. My son, on the other hand, received awards during the Banquet and Awards Night from his homeschool provider (School of Tomorrow) and his career as a commercial model still continues to flourish.  

Here are the major events that happened in 2013:

1. Kib's first Banquet and Awards Night (aka Recognition Day) at School of Tomorrow

Kib completed two levels in one year!  I'm so proud of this little boy.  We were all excited to attend the Banquet and Awards Night.  He got Twelve Thousand Club Member Award and Honor A during the recognition day.  He was the only student who got the Twelve Thousand Club Member Award and he was so excited to receive his award that he ran going to the stage.  



Kib's picture together with his awards

In School of Tomorrow, all kids are given recognition, no matter how small or big their achievements were.  The Thousand Club certificates were based on the number of perfect scores (100%) they got on their PACE tests.  Kib got Twelve Thousand Club certificate, so it means he got 120-129 perfect scores on his PACE tests.  Honor A medal is given to those children who got an average of 95% and above.  Well done Kib on your first year!


2.  Kib's 7th birthday celebration

Instead of throwing a party for this little boy on his 7th birthday, I decided to go on a vacation since travelling is really in our blood.  Kib likes to see Taal Volcano so we headed going to Tagaytay.  It was also my first time on going on a roadtrip with my son.  Before heading to the South, I picked up the cake at Estrels.  We spent three days and two nights in Tagaytay and before we headed home, we went to The Mind Museum.

Here are some of the pictures that we had during our birthday trip:

Kib's Birthday Cake from Estrel's
Kib felt ticklish on the fish spa at Tagaytay Picnic Grove


At Puzzle Mansion. This houses the largest collection of puzzles completed by a single person and she is currently in the Guinness Book of World Records.



This is the largest puzzle in the whole world, with 32,000+ pieces




At the crater of Taal Volcano. Kib really likes to see the crater so even if it is a bit expensive I gave to his wish, anyway it's his birthday.




We rode a horse going to the crater of Taal Volcano. It took at least 30 minutes to go to the top.  I guess this will be the first and last horse ride that I will have, it gave me body ache!



At Mind Museum.  We tried the Van Graff generator and it made our hair go up.  There are lots of interactive exhibits at Mind Museum but I find their entrance fee a bit pricey.


We made a stop at Nuvali and just enjoyed the scenery.  Kib fed the koi there, they're so fun to watch!



3. Kib's booming modeling career

Kib has been blessed with several projects this year.  Here are the following:


Cinema ad for Globe Telecoms (I haven't seen it yet, so if ever you've seen it, please be kind to tell me)


United Nations and Halloween print ad for SM (Kib is the Hawaiian boy in the UN board and the pirate in the Halloween board)


Another board for SM. Kib is lucky to be chosen to have another board displayed on the clothes rack inside the department store


Telus cinema ad (yes, the BPO company.  Just like the Globe cinema ad, I haven't seen this one, so please do be kind enough to tell me if you have seen this.  He has a small role here, just a schoolkid trying to cross the busy street and a Telus agent will help them cross the street)


7-eleven print ad. The board of another model has already been released, so please be kind too to tell me where have you seen Kib's ad. 



Kib's SSS print ad contract was extended, thank God.


4.  Kib having sikaran training

I guess most of you don't know what sikaran is.  Sikaran is a Filipino martial art which started in Baras, Rizal.  I enrolled Kib in sikaran class because I want him to be involved in some sports so that he will learn the value of taking care of one's body.  The training just stopped in December because there were no more enrollees in our area.  I do hope that the classes will resume in our village because Kib really likes it.



Kib trying to do a split.  Not yet perfect though.


Kib wearing his sikaran uniform.


5.  Kib's promotion to Level 3

I just don't move from one level to another.  I make sure that there's retention so we do reviews of everything that he has learned first.  The review lasted for a month.  

I am happy that Kib welcomed Level 3 well.  Though at first he complained a bit because the font is already a bit smaller and the stories are a bit longer.  He has a new subject, Creative Writing and Literature, which I do hope will help Kib develop his creativity and love for writing.  He also learned to write in cursive at age six.  We had to take the slow lane in Math because he had difficulty in regrouping.  We had to master the skill for a month before proceeding.


Kib's Level 3 material.  Look at his new subject, Creative Writing and Literature.



Kib practicing cursive writing.  He still looks on his English PACE for the correct pattern.



Did I miss on anything?  I'll try to come up with another blog post for other important things that happened to our journey.  For now, enjoy reading this.  God bless!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments