Creativity is one of the skills that I believe is innate to each and every person. It just needs to be tapped by engaging in some activities and brain exercises that will awaken the creative part of our brain.
When I was in graduate school, one of the subjects that I took was Creative Teaching Techniques. My professor in this course really challenged all of us to be really creative in terms of submitting projects and doing teaching demonstrations and reports. He won’t accept so-so presentations; it should be unique and well-thought of. I’m glad that our professor really emphasized the value of creativity in everything we do.
Now that I have a son, I also wanted my son to have high creative thinking ability. I do not stop him for doing things inside the house as long as his imagination and creativity is concerned. He likes drawing different characters, creating stories, building communities, and even doing role play.
I’m so glad to learn that this summer, Megaworld LifestyleMalls will be coming up with a series of workshops, inviting all aspiring artists, hobbyists, and art enthusiasts in the Metro and nearby areas. Entitled ‘Summer Art Sessions’, the series of weekend arts and crafts workshop series will be held in Tuscany at McKinley Hills, which will commence on April 19th, 2015 until May 10th, 2015, from 1PM-5PM. The workshops will be held in various restaurants along the dining strip of Tuscany.
This event is organized together with Manila Workshops (the company that I also work with).
I feel blessed to be chosen to be part of the media launch of this event last April 13, 2015 held at Marciano’s in Tuscany. During the media launch, we were given an opportunity to have an experience on what to expect during the summer workshops on April 19th.
Check out our photos during the media launch below:
Mimai Cabugnason teaching us the basics of brush calligraphy
Kib trying out brush calligraphy too
Yeah I know, my calligraphy skills need a lot of work!
Nelz Yumul of WeeWillDoodle tells us about the beauty of doodling
While the talk on doodling is ongoing, this little boy is already busy doing his own doodles
Nelz showing us some of his doodles...so nice!
The Artologist's Managing Partner, Mr. Ronald de Castro telling us about their art workshops
A live painting session during the event
My son and I had a wonderful time during the event that is why I’m inviting YOU to also experience these workshops! Check out all the workshop offerings on April 19th listed below!
- Basic Brush Calligraphy – calligraphy is now becoming a popular hobby these days, from basics to modern to colorful handwriting. Mimai Cabugnason, also known as Sharkmaine in the art scene, will be teaching the basics, tricks, and tips of brush calligraphy. This workshop will be held in Marciano’s.
- Rubber Stamping – learn to make your own stamps for your scrapbooking and decorating needs! This workshop will be held at Sophie’s Mom.
- DIY Tote Bag Designing – want to personalize your canvas tote bag, to be unique and a standout? DIY guru Nica Cosio will be sharing tips on how to spruce up your tote bag. DIY Tote Bag Designing will happen at Milky Way.
- The Art of Doodling – remember the days when we will just draw and write anything at the back of our notebooks when we were bored in class? Turn your doodles into a magnificent work of art! Nelz Yumul of WeeWillDoodle will teach the techniques of turning basic doodle into a wonderful masterpiece. This workshop will be held at Lucky’s Burger Bar.
- Basic Paper Cutting – create a wonderful piece of art by just cutting paper! Hey Kessy will be conducting this workshop at Banapple Pies and Cheesecakes.
- Acrylic and Oil Workshop – learn the basics of painting from The Artologist. Open to ages 3-60 years old. Sauceria will be the venue for this workshop.
So many choices for you and your kids! Each workshop costs P2000 per head inclusive of food, workshop kit, handouts and other goodies! Only 10 slots per workshop so hurry and reserve a slot! This is a wonderful way of spending summer with our loved ones, added to that is Tuscany is such a wonderful place to bond too!
*To register for Basic Brush Calligraphy, Rubber Stamping, DIY Tote Bag Designing, and The Art of Doodling, kindly visit Manila Workshops’ website at http://manilaworkshops.com/events/summer-art-sessions
*To register for Basic Paper Cutting, go to Hey Kessy’s website at http://heykessy.com/register/
*To register for Oil and Acrylic Workshop, kindly send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0916-5673351.