OMF Literature Releases New Children's Book, "The ABCs of Jesus' Resurrection"

By Mommy Donna and Kib - December 14, 2015

I love books.  I also wanted Kib to have a great passion for books.  Every now and then, whenever budget allows, I always buy books for Kib.  Every day, Kib reads books from his bookshelf.  He even amazes me that he knows a lot more than I am and he would even say, "Why you didn't know that Mommy?"  

My son also loves reading the Bible.  He has two Bibles, Action Bible and Adventure Bible.  He loves reading stories from the Bible.  He even asks me questions about some stories and to be honest, I am really challenged in answering his questions about the Bible.  I always pray to God to give me wisdom in answering Kib's questions about the Word of God.

I feel blessed to be part of the launch of one of the children's storybooks of OMF Literature, "The ABCs of Jesus' Resurrection" last December 3, 2015 at Christ's Commission Fellowship Center in Frontera Verde.


The book's front cover


This book is written by Pastor Vince Burke and illustrated by Lorra Angbue-Te.  In this book, children can learn about the Resurrection of Jesus Christ through each letter of the alphabet.  Written in rhymed verse, the book shares key concepts of the Resurrection in simple terms which children as young as five years old can appreciate.



Candid photos of Pastor Vince Burke and Ms. Lorra Angbue-Te


"The truth that Jesus Christ died and rose again to save us is the most important message children can know and believe," Pastor Vince Burke wrote in his introduction of the book.  Pasto Vince Burke has been with the teaching and preaching ministry of Christ's Commission Fellowship since 1994.  He is an American with Filipino heart.  He already knows some Filipino words because he has been staying in the Philippines for 18 years together with his wife Lori and four children.  In addition, he said that the reason for writing this book is because Jesus loves children so much and they are vitally important to His kingdom.  

"The ABCs of Jesus' Resurrection" is Pastor Vince Burke's first published children's book.


Kib's copy of the book being autographed by Pastor Vince Burke

Kib posing with Pastor Vince Burke after his book being signed by him


Accompanying the text are the warm and wonderful illustrations of watercolor artist Lorra Elena Angbue-Te.  "Illustrating The ABCs of Jesus' Resurrection was definitely an emotional roller coaster for me.  There were days when I felt so under-skilled to finish the task entrusted to me, especially since this was my first solo book as an illustrator and I was dedicating it to God.  But on the other hand, I also felt so much grace and strength because of that same reason.  This year, God has given me so much more than I deserve, and this project felt like my song of praise for Him.  It became my big thank you to Him," she narrates.  Lorra is a member of Ang Ilustrador ng Kabataan (INK).  She also has a blog, starsofdreams.com and a weekly online comic strip "Honeycomb" which she manages together with her husband Elbert.


Ms. Lorra Angbue-Te signing Kib's copy of the book

A photo opportunity with the illustrator


"The ABCs of Jesus' Resurrection" can be used as a Sunday School material, a reference in the Bible class, or simply a tool for teaching young children the alphabet.


Yay!  Kib's excited to read the book!


Give this book as a gift to children this Christmas!


The ABCs of Jesus' Resurrection will be available at OMF Lit bookshops, Passages bookshops, PCBS, National Book Store and other leading bookstores nationwide for only 70 pesos each.  This book will also soon to be available in e-book format.  For more information about the book, you may call OMF Lit bookshop at +632 531 4303 local 411 or email hiyas@omflit.com.




  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments