Work Realizations

By Mommy Donna and Kib - August 02, 2016

Recently, I was stressed about a major decision that I need to do in my life: ending my 7-year working relationship with someone for both professional and personal reasons.  It's somehow painful for me because somehow I've built friendship with that person.  I must say that I also really tried my best to save the relationship that we have built but then, a lot of signs were revealed to me that it is really time to let go.  Recently, I just mustered to say we're done.  I know that person was also hurt about this, but then I also have to think about myself too.  

Honestly, the aftermath of this 'split-up' scared me.  I feel that my life became dependent on that person that I don't know where to start again.  Working with a new person is also an added factor; bagong pakikisama, just like what they say, but I know the Lord will guide me on this process.

Anyway, let us not dwell into this drama, haha....

For sure, the Lord has also taught me a lot of things about this process.  

These three Bible verses is a summary on how we should treat our jobs.  These three verses were also revealed to me by the Lord as I ponder on the things that happened recently in my life.  I do hope that these verses will also be able to guide you to be successful in your respective careers because our job is a blessing from God.  

1. Colossians 3:23 -- "Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men."

This verse is a reminder for us to always be at our best in our job.  Imagine yourself working for the Lord: Will you always be delayed in giving the report being asked from you?  Will you hide any information from your boss?  Will you give poor quality work output?  Will you respond to the calls and text messages late?  Will you cheat to get the job done?  These are the questions that we should always think about whenever we do our job.  Always give our best so that the Lord will also reward us and we will have that feeling of accomplishment and our conscience is clean.  Love your job.

2.  Proverbs 22:1 -- "A good name is more desirable than great riches..."

This verse is a reminder that we must take good care of our name/reputation.  Mayaman ka nga, pero ilang tao ang niloko mo?  Did you earn your riches because you did your job the right way, or you got rich because you are tempted to do something bad?  Remember, a good name is one of the legacies that we can leave to our children.  We are creating a generational curse if we chose to associate our name/reputation with something bad.  Would you like your children's name to be tainted as long as they live?  Are you happy that that food on your dinner table came from bad transactions?  

3.  John 15:5 -- "I am the vine, you are the branches.  If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing."

This verse is a reminder that no matter how successful we are in life, if we are living a Christ-less life, we are nothing.  Anyway, we cannot bring our riches when we die, even the last attire that we are going to wear on earth.  We owe everything that we have on earth from the Lord.  The only thing that we can be proud of is that we have Christ in our hearts, that He is the Lord and Saviour of our lives.  For us to be assured of a place in heaven, we must accept Jesus Christ as a personal Lord and Saviour and we must live our lives according to His will. It is easy to say the we know God, but the thing is, do we follow His words?

Living life according to God's purpose is indeed challenging.  God never promised a smooth-sailing life if we are with Him.  God will test us every now and then because He wants our faith in Him to grow.  

As you ponder on these verses, may these guide you in your everyday living.  God will truly bless us if we also honor him in our respective careers.  I hope that you're blessed after reading my blog :)





  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments