The Learning Basket: Your Online Bookstore for Your Children's Books

By Mommy Donna and Kib - May 22, 2017

Most parents would like to build a library for their children, and I am one of them.  I have been buying books for Kib whenever there is an opportunity and I also have friends who have been giving books to him on a regular basis.  I have blogged about my book loots here and here.  His bookshelf is full of books that I've already put some of his books on the overhead shelf.

I am so glad that Kib has a passion for reading.  Whenever we go to the mall, he would ask me to drop by at the bookstore because he likes to read.  He would sit at one corner and read.  Sometimes he would ask me to buy a book, but whenever I said that I do not have enough money he would not insist.




A post shared by Donna Donor (@donababe) on


A post shared by Donna Donor (@donababe) on

To be frank, books are not cheap.  I can only afford to buy brand new books when they are on sale.  Most of the time I only buy second-hand books for him.  I am so glad that there is The Learning Basket which sells quality second-hand books at an affordable price.



Originally, The Learning Basket is a blog written by one of its co-owners Mariel Uyquiengco.  She writes about intentional parenting and providing meaningful activities for children to do at home.  Eventually, The Learning Basket evolved into an online store, selling second-hand quality children's books.  While most of the items they sell are pre-loved children's books, they also sell brand new hard-to-find classics too.  The book selection from their store is not just any book; they make sure that these are highly-recommended children's books written by award-winning authors.  Aside from books, parents can buy educational toys which promotes creativity, imagination, and open-ended learning.  Thirdly, The Learning Basket also offers workshops and seminars for the family.  They teach about preschool homeschool, positive discipline, reading, and early childhood development.  Indeed, The Learning Basket is a parenting hub.  They embrace the quote, 'You are your child's first and best teacher' by making the parents realize that children can learn a lot from them.


Sanne Unson and Mariel Uyquiengco, the ladies behind The Learning Basket.  They are bestfriends since college days

And oh, should you be interested to purchase any of their books, you can click my link: http://www.thelearningbasket.com/affid/donababe/. You can also click The Learning Basket's logo on my sidebar found at the right side of my blog.  I can attest that the owners are very lovely people and they will accommodate all your questions about the books that you are interested to buy.  You can also request books to them should these are not currently available at their shop.      

Happy reading and happy shopping!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments