Taking the Road Less Traveled

By Mommy Donna and Kib - June 16, 2017

If you have been following my blog, you will know and understand that my son and I are living an extraordinary life.  We are living in a single parent home, we are homeschooling, I work from home.  I know most people do not understand our lifestyle, but rest assured that we are very much happy about it and enjoy every single moment of it.  

I am contented with our lives right now, but there are still times that I ponder why I chose to live a life that is far from the normal.  I still feel in awe that God has given me this kind of set-up because I can enjoy my life both as a mom and as a worker at its fullest.  I feel flattered when people tell me that I am doing a good job as a mom and as a worker.  

On the other hand, since we chose to take the road less traveled, I also find it difficulty to fit in the norm.  There are times that we feel alone because we simply cannot fit in the environment.  People would sometimes question our decisions, thinking that it is not psychologically healthy for me and for my son.  I can feel that these people wanted to tell me straightforward that I am making the wrong choices for me and my son.  Although I know that their questions are just out of concern and just checking if I am on the right track, but there are times that the manner of questioning is not really out of concern.  They just wanted to fish information (chismosa mode on) and to criticize and judge us.  Most of the time I do not mind these people (I just simply get rid of them), but there are times that I cannot help but to overthink about everything.  My friends would sometimes get crazy about me because I ask them too many questions about life too, haha. 

Taking the road less traveled has lots of challenges too.  We are not living a perfect life, but we are happy to embrace the challenges on the path that we chose to live.  Sometimes it's smooth-sailing, sometimes it has bumps and potholes along the way.  Sometimes it's all peaceful, sometimes it's all chaos.  Sometimes it's like a fantasy, sometimes it's like a nightmare.  Sometimes on the road less traveled you may encounter dead-ends; yes, the road less traveled is not also perfect.  You need to turn around and find another way so you can continue your journey in life.  

Taking the road less traveled is a great risk, but when you were able to conquer that risk, you are paving the way for others to also follow the path you traveled.  You can serve as an inspiration to others, so that others won't be afraid to take risks in their lives.  The road less traveled brings us more and various experiences, and by these experiences we cherish and appreciate life more.  Taking the road less traveled will not always bring us good; there are times that it'll hurt us too.  From the hurt, we learn to grow stronger and braver to fight all the uncertainties beyond us.  I myself have lots of hurt, but despite of drowning myself to depression, I pick myself up and continue on to life's adventures.

What about you, are you ready to go to the road less traveled?  






  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments