On Letting Go

By Mommy Donna and Kib - March 05, 2018

FACT:  it is hard to let go, especially if the things or people really made an impact into our lives and it has been with us for years.  Memories have been built and somehow you've shared good times together.  

People and things come and go into our lives; there are cases that it is easy to let go because of less importance in our lives, but in most cases (I believe), it is hard to release. When it's time to let go, too much hurt has already been inflicted and the process of release is hard and painful.

But is it worth it staying even if it causes you stress and pain?  When do you let go?  Why are you letting go?  Are we just being emotional about asking for a release?  Are we saying this because of just one mistake or repeated mistakes?  Will it hinder you or help you to move on with your life?  These are the questions that needs to be answered before finally making the big decision of letting go.  And we were able to find the answers, make sure that we are ready for the consequences--whether it is good or bad--on our decision of letting go. 

These past few months I've been dealing with a huge amount of stress.  Thank God I do not get sick because of this although I really think and sulk about it very often that I need to shout it out on social media and talk to friends about it.  It is a sort of a therapy for me, haha.  If you know me personally, you know that I'm a person who is not afraid to show my true feelings to others.  Friends have already been telling me to let go.   I've listened to them and asked for a release, but maybe because I'm lingering on the length of time that we'd been together and holding on to the promise that things will improve; therefore, that request for release has not been given.  Somehow I've given a benefit a doubt and more chances to really show that things will get better after pouring out my frustrations and resentments about the progress.

As the days, weeks, and months pass by, I've never seen great changes.  The case of over-familiarity that I will always understand the circumstances despite of the shortcomings is becoming more and more obvious.  More and more that I experience disrespect because the more that I give time and understanding, the more that my time isn't valued at all.

People change.  Circumstances change.  As the saying goes, "The only permanent in this world is change," be ready for whatever changes that we will encounter, though most of the time the change that we are expecting is not the pleasant one.  This is the time that we must prepare ourselves because the change may either cause hindrance or growth in our lives.  We must be wise enough to discern if the change is worth holding on or releasing it.

I also tried to evaluate myself why things are getting worse: did I do something to hurt other people?  Am I not being fair?  Am I becoming so demanding?  Am I becoming unrealistic?  Am I inconsiderate?  I also got confused trying to find some answers on these questions.

I guess all people will finally reach his/her end point, although some may say that the end point might come a little bit late because too much hurt has been said and done.  Some may say that the end point will just come in the right time and opportunity when the 'keyword' has been said by the other party.

At this point, letting go is now hard to do.

It's okay to be sad about the process.  It's okay to cry about it for a while.  It's okay to be hurt because the time has come to finally let go. 

While you're hurting, take this time to reflect and think of the next move that you have to do with your life.  Life must go on.  Do not dwell so much of what happened in the past; take this opportunity to grow and to find new ways to improve the situation.

However, on letting go, try to also remember the good things that you had together.  Forget the pain and bank more on the happy memories.  Forgive yourself and have a graceful exit.  Ask the Lord to give you peace and comfort.

The Lord allows us to feel hurt and pain because He wants us to draw near to Him during these times.  Man will always fail us, but the Lord will always comfort us and leads us away from the things that causes pain in our lives.  We must always put our trust in God because when we feel hurt, that is the time that the Lord is also telling us that it is okay to lose something because He is giving us something new in our lives.

Let us fix our eyes to Him.  The Lord has the best plans for us.  We may not understand it at the moment, but time will come that we will realize that He is just preparing the way for us, leading us to something big.  

I know the Lord has great plans for my life.  I know the Lord is teaching me something in this process.  I know the Lord will replace what was lost with something great.  I know that the Lord will always be there no matter what.

Letting go is hard to do, but with the Lord, letting go is just His way of telling us, "My child, I am preparing something big for you, do not worry about the things that you will be losing, but fix your eyes on Me because I will replace it with something greater."



  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments