Doing these activities can be more fun if you'll do it with someone you love <3 <3 <3
Exercising can be fun if doing it your partner or best friend. While most people are allergic to the word 'exercise', if done with partner or best friend, it becomes a great bonding activity!
|Let's get it on!|
Dr. Nicky Montoya, president of MediCard Philippines said that exercising with a partner has many advantages--physically, mentally, and socially. "Working out with someone has been shown to make you happier and more motivated to achieve your fitness goals. When you exercise with a partner, strenuous physical activities can be more tolerable," says Dr. Montoya.
Here are some fitness ideas that you can do with your partner or best friend:
- Rock/Wall Climbing--rock/wall climbing is a full body workout that pushes you to use your entire body to climb a wall or a rock mountain. This activity has lots of benefits--it builds muscle, increases endurance, reduces stress, and boosts brain function. This activity also teaches trust to each other. Your friend/partner will be the one to hold the rope and give you enough rope slack while climbing the wall/rock mountain. He/She makes sure that you will be safe should you miss a step.
- Cycling--group cycling is more fun than biking alone. Tag along your partner or friend while you go to different places with your respective bicycles. Did you know that an hour of cycling can burn 590-930 calories? It's definitely a great way to help both of you lose weight, increase cardiovascular fitness, decrease stress levels, and strengthen bones.
- Zumba--this is the most popular activity done with your pal! Dance your way to a fit body! Zumba is not only a fun and healthy way to bond, but also a full body workout that burns fat, boosts our mood, and increases confidence. Zumba is for all ages and is a great opportunity to meet new friends who has the same fitness goals as you.
- Hiking--do you like nature? Hiking is the best for you and your other half. Hiking gives you numerous health benefits such as improved blood pressure and blood sugar levels, increased bone density and a strengthened core. Hiking with a partner for your safety is also a good reason why you need someone with you when you climb mountains. Taking photos on the summit with someone is the best memory that you can build together!
- Yoga--if you and your partner are not the adventurous type, you can try yoga. Yoga is a low-impact and relaxing workout. It helps you develop a stronger and more flexible body while doing the physical poses of yoga. It also allows your mind to be calmer and more focused. Yoga provides the means to attune to the body, thus improving overall health. It increases circulation, slows heart rate, and lowers blood pressure.
MediCard Lifestyle Center offers yoga classes. MediCard Lifestyle Center specifically offers Surya Fitness Yoga, which offers hatha, vinyasa, ashtanga, and basic yoga classes. MediCard Lifestyle Center is located at 51 Paseo de Roxas cor. Sen. Gil Puyat Avenue, Makati City. You may also visit their website, http://mlc.medicardphils.com, for more information.
Let's burn those calories away with our loved ones! Go to a healthier you this year!