Seeing the World Better: Essilor’s Campaign for Healthy Vision

By Mommy Donna and Kib - April 16, 2015

I have been wearing eyeglasses since I started my first job.  It was a prerequisite that all new hires to undergo medical check-up and there, it was discovered that I no longer have a 20/20 vision.  I need to wear eyeglasses for astigmatism.  Thank God that my eye problem did not progress that much all these years; however, one of my eyes (I can’t remember if it’s left or right) suffer from myopia (nearsightedness) now.

I tried wearing ordinary lenses before, but it just made my eyes very tired.  I’d rather have no eyeglasses at all than wear my eyeglasses all day long and yet feel uncomfortable all throughout.  When I started investing on multicoated/transition lenses, surprisingly, I can wear my eyeglasses for a long time without having eye strain.  The next lenses that I used were made of polycarbonate material, tougher than transition lens because I have a tendency to be careless at times.  My eyeglasses let me work in front of the computer for longer hours and even drive at night confidently without the glare from the bright headlights.

Sad to say, I am one of the 20 million Filipinos who needs visual correction.  Most of the time, people ignore the signs of eye disorder until it becomes worse and irreversible.  Parents don’t even bring their children to the doctor for a comprehensive eye check up.  These concerns led to Essilor’s launch of a public awareness campaign on the importance of good vision.



During the event, we were given free eye check-up.  Happy to know that my eye grade hasn't changed but since my current eyeglasses have lots of scratch on the lenses, I opted to have it changed to Essilor lenses.


I also let Kib experience having his eye check-up; however he kept on blinking so his eye grade wasn't checked very well.  Kids should have their eyes checked by an opthalmologist.


Essilor is the world leader for corrective lenses.  The success of the company, which is present in more than 100 countries, is the result of a strategy that has been driven by innovation for more than 160 countries.  It has been awarded by Forbes magazine as “The World’s Most Innovative Companies” for four consecutive years.

Last Monday, February 16th, 2015, Essilor launched its latest campaign, “Seeing the World Better”.  This is the company’s way of helping the world see better by raising awareness about the importance of healthy vision and address the alarming number of visual impairment cases in the country.  Dr. Emelita Roleda, Essilor’s general manager in the Philippines said with this campaign, Filipinos will start paying more attention to their eyes so that they can see the world in a clearer and brighter view.

The campaign will drive three important messages:

1.     Prevention – Essilor lenses help prevent age-related eye diseases;
2.     Protection – Essilor helps provide everyday protection from ultraviolet (UV) rays and harmful blue light
3.     Correction – to promote the initial purpose of Essilor, which is to correct eyesight


Piolo Pascual, Essilor’s brand ambassador

During the launch of the campaign, Essilor has also presented to the press its brand ambassador, top celebrity Piolo Pascual.  A sportsman and a known health buff, Piolo believes prevention is the first step towards healthy vision.  He advised that everyone should get an eye check-up at least once a year eye check-up to prevent any eye disorder from worsening.  He has perfect vision but he wears protective lenses because his eyes get tired from long hours of filming and taping.  He even had an eye check-up during the event.




Piolo Pascual having his eyes checked during the event


Essilor has also launched its latest infomercial, which was aired starting March 1st on selected cable channels.  It features Piolo Pascual performing various activities (swimming, reading, driving) and how good vision helps him accomplish these tasks effectively.


Essilor’s line of products

Essilor has different types of lenses that will cater to your specific needs and match your lifestyle. 

Crizal Prevencia -- the only clear lens that selectively filters harmful blue light from gadgets, LED, and UV light while letting it through the healthy blue light. 




Crizal Forte UV – protects eyes from harmful UV rays.  UV rays contribute to the development of cataracts in the old age.


Essilor Varilux – progressive lens that offer a smooth transition from distance vision through intermediate vision to near vision.  This means that instead of having two different viewing zones (near and distant), like with bifocals, Varilux provides the most natural vision correction.




Crizal Transitions – adaptive lens that automatically adjust from clear to dark and every shade in between. 




Essilor Experia – polarized sun lens recommended for any kind of outdoor activity, whatever the season. 





My experience on wearing Essilor lenses

I feel fortunate to be one of the people who will be able to experience Essilor lenses.  After the media event, I left my eyeglasses already to have it changed to Essilor lenses.  I can still manage to see without wearing my eyeglasses but it makes my eyes extra tired because my eyes do extra work.  I have extra pair of eyeglasses at home but the grade is no longer compatible with my current grade (actually, same grade but different degree of astigmatism).  For the time being that I don't have my eyeglasses, I wore my old one.  

I was able to get my eyeglasses with Essilor lenses recently.  

First thing I noticed was the lens was very clear.  When I wore the eyeglasses, I feel comfortable.  I can wear my eyeglasses for a long period of time.  It seems that I am not wearing eyeglasses at all because of the clear lenses.  Essilor didn't fail me.



Me wearing my eyeglasses with Essilor lens.  I can even take clear pictures of myself without the light bouncing back on my eyeglasses.  



Next time you visit your favorite optical shop, ask for Essilor lens.  Surely, Essilor has lens that will fit your lifestyle.



To know more about Essilor, you may visit their website at http://www.essilor.com.ph/ or their Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/EssilorPH


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments