Seven is God's Number

By Mommy Donna and Kib - January 03, 2017

Number seven can symbolize a lot of things.  It can be a lucky number, a celebration of a milestone, or even a significant number in different religious beliefs and organizations.  According to a survey, seven is the most favorite number, followed by three and eight. 

Each and every one of us have these 'special numbers' in our lives.  Primarily, our favorite numbers are our birthdays and anniversaries.  We usually link the major events in our lives to our favorite numbers for easy recall and because of the belief that our favorite numbers will always bring fortune to our lives.

Personally, I also have my 'lucky numbers' too, but even if I have these lucky charms, I don't base my decisions around that number.  For me, it's just pure coincidence and I have this "oo nga noh" moments after realizing that incident has something to do with a special number.

Just recently, I had this reflection towards number seven which I would like to share with you.  I also posted it on my Facebook wall.

"I have been waiting for this major life decision for seven years now. Honestly, I also got impatient, but I claimed the Lord's promise that He has great plans for me. I have written this as one of my faith goals at the start of the year, I fasted for it, and I even asked friends to also pray with me for this.


Slowly, all the questions that I have in mind were answered by the Lord one by one. I am truly amazed how God shows me that this will be the year that He will answer all my plea. I really cried out for joy when finally, it has been concluded. Now, I just have to wait for few more days."


A chat with a friend reminded me that seven is God's number. A lot of stories in the Bible revolved around number seven (you may check it here).  And just few minutes before posting this on my Facebook wall, the Lord has reminded me that He has a different timeline. He reminded me of this verse: "But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like thousand years, and a thousand years like a day. The Lord is not slow in keeping His promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not anything to perish, but everyone to come to repentance." (II Peter 3:8-9)



Sometimes, we might really get impatient waiting for the Lord's answers in our prayers.  Let us remember that God has a different timeline from ours, and He has the perfect timing in everything.  Most of the time when we hasten our decisions, we get in trouble.  Even if we make mistakes in our lives due to our hard-headedness, the Lord is still gracious to give us a way out from all of these (I Corinthians 10:13).  The Lord really wants the best for us, He really pursues us because we are His children.  

Lord, I am still in awe on how You work into my life. Thank You for Your Words. Thank You that You are putting things in order in my life. My everlasting praise and thanks I give to You. Amen.


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments