Cebu brightens up with COLOR Manila Run

By Mommy Donna and Kib - July 03, 2015

I am not from Cebu, but I love Cebu.  I went to Cebu in 2012 and stayed for....four hours, haha.  Our original destination was in Bohol and we just went to Cebu for a short city tour.  I felt so bitin so I promised to myself that I will come back to the Queen City of the South soon.

On the other hand, I'm also into fitness.  You already know that I'm enrolled in balik-alindog program, haha (see my post here).  It is my dream to join even one fun run event but since most fun run events are held very early in the morning, I can't join because I always wake up late, haha.  I've heard of night fun runs but then, most of them fall on a weekday, so there, I can't join again due to work schedule conflict, huhu....

Anyway, I've already heard of COLOR Manila Run.  It's a fun run event wherein colored powder is being sprinkled all over the place while the participants are running.  The participants end up looking colorful and wet when they reach the finish line.  Those who wish to join COLOR Manila Run must be prepared to get 'colorful' and wet towards the end of the race.

I'm so happy to know that the Queen City of the South was painted with vibrant colors and big smiles during the Cebu leg of COLOR Manila Run. More than 2000 Cebuanos, including local and international tourists, eagerly braved the shower of water and dyes to give their early morning run a colorful twist.



More than 2,000 fun runners joined the Cebu leg of the Color Manila Run

The beautiful seaside view of South Road Properties (SRP) served as the backdrop as runners get color-bombed with the happiest colors of the rainbow – yellow, orange, blue, green and purple, at different designated stations.

Aside from the standard dri-fit shirts, race bibs and bags, all participants were also given colorful reflectorized sunglasses that added a funky, fashionable touch.

Participants from England wearing the finisher's medal and reflectorized sunglasses as part of the racer's kit

The race was divided into 10K, 6K and 3K running categories but there were no clocks, checkered flags or victory lanes. Everyone ran at their own pace and those who completed the race each received a specially designed finisher’s medal.

Capping the race was a party like no other where the participants were showered with more colors as the event climaxed into a beautiful, colorful mess.

Participants from Korea and Japan 

Supported by the Tourism Promotions Board, COLOR Manila Run is a friendly, non-competitive run and color festival rolled into one. This one-of-a-kind run definitely captures the fun spirit of the Filipinos. Aside from Manila and Cebu, COLOR Manila Run will also be held in Bacolod, Davao and Dagupan. For more exhilarating events and festivities that are happening in the Philippines this year, head to www.visitph2015.com.


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments