Sharing Blessings--Toy and Hair Donations

By Mommy Donna and Kib - June 01, 2015

One of the things that I learned from my parents is to help those people in need.  Now that I'm a parent myself, I also wanted Kib to have a heart for people--and even animals--who are in dire need as our way of sharing the blessings that the Lord has given to us. Whenever there's an opportunity, we donate either in cash or in kind.  We also send our old stuff to our relatives in Bataan.

Aside from giving away our old stuff to our loved ones in Bataan, we have also given some of them to some organizations close to our heart.

A.  Toy Donation

We have already donated twice at Philippine Toy Library.  Philippine Toy Library accepts educational toys and books.  They are building toy libraries around the Philippines.  I told Kib that he should learn how to share his toys and books to other people so that he will make other children happy.  At first he had difficulty giving away some of his toys and books, just like a typical child who is having separation anxiety to his toy-friends.  I told him that sharing is nice and Jesus will be happy too.  


Kib posing beside his trashbag-ful of toys to be donated at Philippine Toy Library


Some of my son's toys were also donated at a local church for their daycare facility.


B.  Hair Donation

They say that a woman's crowning glory is her hair.  Well, it doesn't apply to me, haha.  I never grew my hair that long all my life.  The longest was up to shoulder length only.  It's time for me to cut my hair when my hair is caught between my back and the car seat and I can no longer lean forward when driving.

I also do not spend so much hair treatment too.  I had hair rebonding once but since I only work from home, I do not bother repeating it again.  Most of the time I only had DIY hair treatment at home.    

A friend of mine, Patty Cuyugan, recently donated her hair too.  She decided to grow her hair because one of her closest friends had cancer.  She intended to donate her hair for her.  Unfortunately, her friend passed away but she still promised that she will still donate her hair.  

Since I entertained the idea of growing my hair a little bit longer than the usual, I also thought of donating it once I've grown it to a certain length.  My last haircut prior to hair donation was December 23, 2013.


My last haircut prior to my decision of growing it a little longer than the usual

Growing my hair a little bit longer than my usual hair length was a sacrifice for me.  I had a terrible case of hair loss, my hair was always tied to a pony (if it's not tied, I look like a bruha), longer drying time, and it costs too much shampoo and conditioner, haha.  I've grown my hair until an inch below my bra line before I finally decided to cut my hair.


One final look at my crowning glory before chopping it

Tada!  Holding my chopped hair, a total of 12 inches in length


I've put my chopped hair in a resealable plastic bag (Ziploc), had it dried fully before I dropped it off at Papemelroti branch in Sta. Lucia last Saturday, May 16th.  The staff let me write my name and contact details on a sheet of paper, I guess this is for their own perusal.  My son was a bit emotional about my chopped hair, he said that he'll miss me having a long hair.  I told him that my hair will grow back again.


Blessings will come easy when you share wholeheartedly.  Let us not break the circle of sharing.  God truly blesses each and every individual who gives without any reservations nor expecting anything in return.

For more information about Philippine Toy Library, you may visit their website at www.philippinetoylibrary.org or their Facebook page.  For hair donation, you may drop-off your hair at any Human Heart Nature or Papemelroti branches.



  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments