The Learning Library Marikina--A Friend's Dream Come True

By Mommy Donna and Kib - June 04, 2015

I also dreamt of having my own business someday, but I think I lack the courage to do so.  I'm afraid of the losses that I will incur and....BIR, haha!  Kidding aside, just the thought of registering a business as a first step on being an entrepreneur already scares me.  I think I will just be an investor rather than to become a businessman, haha.  Warren Buffett earned his billions thru investments; he didn't have any single company under his name.  I think I will follow his footsteps instead, hihi.

Anyway, I just recently learned that a friend of mine just put up her own business, a tutorial center.  Her business is just a month old, so I'm so happy that she took a giant leap in being a businesswoman.  

The Learning Library, Marikina Heights Branch

Anne Ramos is a professional teacher for 10 years.  She worked as a preschool teacher in Ingenium School for more than five years and was able to handle the Preschool Department for quite some time.  She also became a preschool coordinator in a preschool in Quezon City before she focused on tutorials.  She was a home tutor for four years before she finally decided to take it to the next level.  She saw the need of families having a tutor because of the 'complicated' school curriculum (e.g. inclusion of Singapore Math) and the growing demand of parents to work harder in their respective jobs.  Most of the time parents only rely on Google for the answers.


Here is my friend, Anne Ramos, the owner of The Learning Library in Marikina Heights


The Learning Library is a center that offers after-school program for Filipino and English.  This is the only after-school center in the Philippines that offers assistance to Filipino and Araling Panlipunan.  The Learning Library's programs are aligned with most schools' curriculum.  It has been observed that most students nowadays are having difficulty in Filipino and Araling Panlipunan.  


This is how her center looks like from the main door.  So welcoming!

Display area for books for children to read

Teacher's cubby hole where materials are kept

Teacher's table.  When we visited the center, the teachers are busy covering and cataloging books

Small area in The Learning Library where children can read books


Most teachers dream of having their own school, but in Anne's case, she chose to have a tutorial center because she believes that she can ensure guidance and help to students on a smaller scale.  Also, this is the best service that she can provide to parents who are working.


I am so happy for my friend.  I do hope that her businesses will grow :)  I do hope that you will also try to inquire and avail of her services.  Let me know your experience, okay?!


You may visit The Learning Library at 59 Bayan-Bayanan Avenue, Marikina Heights, Marikina City (beside Jollibee near Meralco).  You may inquire for the tutorial services at 09989940730 or 09176568645.  Please tell that you got the information about them through me =)  

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments