When My Son Treats Me Like A Queen

By Mommy Donna and Kib - October 30, 2017

"A mother is her son's first love."

Kib and I are inseparable.  I always make sure that I give him quality bonding time and I always try my very best to let him experience the best things in life.  My friends would always say that "lagi kayong nasa lakwatsa" because they would always see our pictures on Instagram and Facebook being on different places and meeting celebrities.  It makes my heart melt whenever people would send me encouraging and inspiring messages, telling me that I'm doing a good job being a mother to my unico hijo. 

I feel blessed to have a son like Kib.  He's very sweet and caring son.  He would prepare meals for us and would bring food inside our bedroom.  He would do this especially when I feel tired, when I'm busy with work, or when I'm sick.  He would gladly do this for me.




Sometimes, he would also treat me with a massage (read about it here).  He would also clean my fingernails (I have this tool which makes my fingernails shiny), carry my bag, and open doors for me.  I feel loved whenever my son does these things for me.  




There are lots of heart-melting deeds my son did for me.  Here's one:

"When he was younger, he had this desire to buy a gift for me.  We were in Uniqlo then and me and my mom were trying out clothes there.  He would pick clothes from the rack which he thinks would look nice on me and would also encourage me to try it on.  But since he didn't have money at that time, I said that he buy me a gift next time.  He didn't forget that, so on the day of his birthday, he really brought some money from his piggy bank.  I didn't know that he got some of his money there.  So when we went again to Uniqlo, he was more determined to buy me a gift.  Just like earlier, he was picking clothes for me.  I was rejecting his offer and my mom saw the look on his face that he was disappointed.  So I just picked one shirt and he volunteered to pay for it.  He even asked my mom if she can add money to pay for the shirt because his money wasn't enough.  It was really a sweet gesture for my unico hijo.  This story was even shared at Smart Parenting (see article here)."

The things that Kib do for me gives me an assurance that despite of our unique family set-up, he has high regards towards me.

It's hard to be both a mother and a father.  Sometimes, it wears me out in playing dual roles at home.  While it's easier for me to teach Kib things about practical living, on the other hand, it's difficult to teach my son things that he should learn from a father.  One of the things that I am teaching my son is to love and respect women.  I am happy that he is growing up to be a fine gentleman.  

Honestly, sometimes I feel I don't deserve the kind of love and respect my son is giving me.  Sometimes I have this guilt that I am not giving him the best childhood experience especially when I get mad at him.  I sometimes resort on reading articles about parenting to remind me of the things that I need to do to raise a healthy and happy child.  The articles at Regain.us keeps me grounded.  You may also check it here: https://www.regain.us/advice/





Kib is now a tweener.  In few years, he will already be a teenager.  Honestly, I'm a bit anxious about it.  For sure, he'll exercise his independence more by then.  He'll be away from me for few hours, engaging in his own activity.  He will have activities with his friends more.  He would no longer go with me when I need to go somewhere.  While there will be changes in few years' time, he assured me that I will still be his first love no matter what.  I will be his queen, I will be his first love.





  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments